Saturday, June 25, 2011

R.I.P.

Today I received even worse news. Scruble passed away today. He fought hard but in the end the virus was just too strong for him. I have to think of it as at least he isn't suffering anymore, but since today was my day off I didn't get to say goodbye to him. Everyone at home is still alright, but I am really broken up about it.

I guess I feel like I should say some things about my little Scrublet. He was a sweet little boy. He loved to play and he loved the other kittens I brought into the house. He always wanted to play, even when Buu did not want to play with him. At night he would crawl into the bed with Mike and I and cuddle up next to my neck where he could hear my pulse. He would knead on me and even though sometimes that wasn't the way I wanted to wake up, it was always sweet to think that he was happy enough to knead and purr in my ear. I loved to listen to him purr right next to my face, and it was a great way to fall asleep. He was a great little cuddler.

Scruble was born in my house. I think that is what makes this so hard. I got him through what was supposed to be the most dangerous time of his life (the first 3 weeks) and someone else dropped the ball and got him sick. But there is nothing we can do about it now. The vets fought the virus, I know they did everything they could because we have excellent vets. Its just a nasty virus with nasty symptoms and I have to just remember that he is no longer suffering.

Little Scruble, Scrub, Scrubby Scrubbly Scrublet... I will miss you. I will always love you very much. Your foster siblings and I miss hearing the patter of your feet running through the house. Shamy misses his playmate. Baby Z and Spyrit miss their cuddle buddy. I will never forget you, Scrub. <3















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something nice...