Sorry about the lack of blogging lately. It has been really hard to push myself to update after the loss of Scruble. I don't think that one is ever going to stop hurting.
The good news is that our 14 day quarantine ended last Sunday and no one else got sick. We are free and clear of the virus. Not that it should have ever been in the house to begin with. Can you tell I'm still salty? Like I said, this one is going to hurt for a long time.
Shammy is still hanging out with us, adorable as ever. His leg is healed properly and I am taking him in on Monday to see if he is good to go to the adoption center or if he needs more x-rays done. To be honest I almost don't want to take him near PAWS until this panleuk epidemic is done, but I want him to get adopted. He is sweet and happy and an awesome cuddler. I know he will go quickly, especially if I do a write up on him and tell his story.
We also still have Poppet and Popoki from Mama Bones' litter. They were pretty sick for a long time, but now Popoki is completely healthy. Poppet still has a little bit of eye goo but I am hoping they will both be cleared for adoption. I will be bringing them in on Sunday for their rechecks. They are the sweetest guys ever, both instantly start purring when you enter their room and all they want is to be loved. Its hard to walk near them because they are constantly trying to rub themselves on you and give you nose kisses!
I don't know how much fostering I will be doing over the summer. Mike and I are both working full-time and after Scruble I am not sure I am ready to bring more kittens home. I think I just need a break. The only reason I have fosters at the moment is because they were already here before we lost Scruble. But fear not, loyal readers, I will have plenty of things to keep you around. And who knows, maybe the vets will con me into taking a kitten home in a few weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me something nice...