Friday, April 22, 2011

Unexpected trip to the vet.

So my cat Spoookie, love of my life, is sick. She started throwing up Thursday morning, just a clear liquid, no food or anything. I watched her all day and assumed that she just had an upset tummy. She didn't eat all day and threw up every couple hours. She has not been herself. She sleeps all the time off by herself and hides under tables and in the cat tree. We took her to the vet today and they really didn't help at all. I mean, it wasn't the vet's fault but they could not find anything wrong with her. Her temp was normal, 100.7, her hydration was good, and the vet said she checked out great. The vet drew blood and we will have blood results tomorrow. They gave her an injection of reglan for the vomiting and a prescription of liquid reglan for me to give her for the next five days. She threw up again about an hour after we got home and now she is sleeping in the kitchen. I don't know what to do for her, I am very worried because she isn't eating.

Spoookie's birthday is tomorrow. She will officially be a senior citizen, which for cats is seven years old. I am worried about things like renal and pancreatic failure. I guess its because I see too much of that kind of stuff at work. Last week we put down a 2 year old cat at work because he was dying of cancer. That kind of stuff rides with you. I just hope that she has an upset stomach and it will all go away within a few days. If I could get her to eat I would feel so much better.

I'll update as I get information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something nice...