Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Kittens!

We got new kittens today. The vet at work conned me into getting another litter. I was told that I would be getting a mom and "three to four" kittens. "Four to five maybe".

We got eight. EIGHT.

But they are beautiful and I would not trade them for the world! I don't know that much about them. Mom is white with green eyes, there are six white kittens, a buff (tan/sandy color) tabby, and an orange tabby. We have never fostered a kitten that was white or orange so this is exciting on two fronts for me! The babies seem healthy and mom is a little skinny but she has a good appetite, she ate three cans of food before I even got her home today!

Mom's shelter name is "Olga". Gross. Olga is a fat girl's name. Olga is a sausage-toting foreign exchange student. Olga is like the sound a tuba makes. If her name has to be "Mama" its better than "Olga". The kittens were all given shelter names too but I will just give them nicknames so most of them don't matter anyway. Octavia is the only one that matters and that is because last year I had a marigold named Octavius that I took to DEMF and left in Detroit. Octavius was reborn in the form of a tiny white female kitten. Awesome.

These are cats that were (once again) in danger of being put down, so I am really happy to have them. The vet didn't even mean to trick me, or if she did I don't care because I know I am doing the right thing. She said she may have "slightly downplayed" the amount of kittens but I know she only did it because she knew I would not be mad. It actually makes me feel good to know that she trusts me.

Anyway, Snurfle goes in tomorrow for another check-up, which could be the last time I bring her in (who knows at this point!) and Zora and Navi go for surgery Sunday. Its a little crowded around here right now but we manage. I would rather have them here than at the city pound. I could sure use some good vibes from anyone reading though, because I want to keep these babies happy and healthy, which can be hard given their age. Alright, without further ado, the real reason you are reading... kitten pics.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something nice...