Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow blows

Weekday blogs are going to be hard. Well, by weekday I really mean workday and by that I mean Sundays through Tuesdays. I don't like to count Wednesday evening because I stay up late Wednesday nights and occasionally leave the house, so there should be time for blogging as well.

My mom texted me to say "Goodbye. Because according to the weather station we are all going to die". We are supposed to get hit with this larger than life snowstorm that is going to last 40 days and 40 nights and send us spiraling into another ice age so that thousands of years from now the next evolution of human will find us trapped in giant ice blocks. Naturally they will thaw us out due to sheer curiosity, which will be followed by Encino Man style antics and a crazy party where the formerly frozen party like its 1999 and no one else knows what we are talking about. OR the midwest gets hit with another snow storm that we continually pretend we are not used to. Schools close, everyone complains about the plow trucks lack of preparation, I still have to work(oh and also my internet will get really slow), and then spring comes and we all forget about it until next year. When it happens again. Because we live in the mother flipping midwest. Yeah. Snow Storm of the Century? I'll believe it when I see it.

Update: I have just been informed that it has started snowing.


Courtesy of Nataliedee.com




I have a dilemma about what I should read next. Since the apocalypse is going to be less fire and brimstone and more slowly freezing to death, I need to be prepared. Heaven forbid I get bored to death before I can freeze to death! Anywho, I am finishing up The Looking Glass Wars (which I am really hoping picks up in the end) but lined up I have two Chelsea Handler books, Disco Bloodbath (aka Party Monster), Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and a few of the newer Palaniuk books. Reading has kind of been put on the back burner with all the games I have been playing, but I have a lot to get through. I try to make time where I go sit with Zelda and read and pet her. I just realized the fact that she lives in the bathroom makes my reading time really typical, but I spend my time on the floor, not on the pot. So anyway, if anyone has a recommendation on which to read first please let me know. I am thinking Party Monster because it looks pretty fabulous and I liked the movie.

Well, all that being said, its time to finish my book and go to bed. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow the snow will be as high as my window and I can just sled down to the bus stop!

Oh, yeah, this is kitten blog. Probably should have pictures of kittens. Here's a Snurfle.

Faced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something nice...