Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Like the Way You Fish It (No Fishity).

Courtesy of MarriedtotheSea.com


Today I lost my fish, Beyonce. He was a good fish. He was born in my tank in November of 2009 and was the only surviving fry. It was kind of sad to see him all wide eyed and dead on the bottom of the tank. So, as any respectable fish owner would do, I scooped him up, flushed him down, and immediately started planning my next tank. Well, tankS really. I got a small tank from work the other day and both of my betta tanks are empty right now, so I want to get at least three bettas as well as a few new fish for my 10 gallon. I definitely need an algae eater because its looking pretty green.

I looked into breeding them a while back after a random week of internet fish research. I still want to breed them but it looks kind of rough, I don't want to have them end up killing each other instead of screwing. You can get all sorts of neat colors with the right match though.

Way cooler than the ones you see for a buck at Wal-Mart.


Alas, it will be a few weeks before I have money for things that don't directly involve my continued existence. Its kind of okay because its nasty out anyway, but I am broker than broke which is not okay. When its time to get new fish I am going to this place! They are the nicest fish store around with the best stock and the staff is really helpful.

Lastly, I'm starting to think that Zelda is not as far along as we first assumed. She is a small cat so I think that her tummy looks bigger by comparison. I am pretty sure she will get EVEN BIGGER. With no knowledge of when she got knocked up, I might have to guess she is between 4-5 weeks. Cats pregnancy length is about 60-65 days, so about 9 weeks. She has only been with me since Monday evening. We could have a bit of a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something nice...