Snurfle (aka Little Baby) the kitten we have continued to foster from the last litter went in for another check up today. The vets had previously done a culture on her boogers because she is constantly exhibiting signs of an upper respiratory infection (URI) that never seems to get worse or better or passed on to my other cats. Basically, she is just a snotty kid. She is the one who leave big green boogers on the wall next to the food dish when she sneezes. Yup, that's my girl! Anywho, the vets decided that she needs an eye/nose flush and then she has to be on Baytril (a higher strength antibiotic) for a few more weeks, then hopefully adoption. Unfortunately she needs to be fasted for the eye/nose flush tomorrow, and there is nowhere at my apartment that I can currently stash her away from food. I tried to leave her with my cats and take the food bowl away for a whole night last time she needed surgery - it did not go well. My cats go into hysterics as soon as the bowl goes missing, and I end up getting no sleep. So Snurfle is spending a night at the shelter, much to my disappointment and hers. When I put her in the cage she just hissed and growled. She wouldn't purr for me, she rubber her head against me once and then hissed and went to the back of the cage to pout and hiss at the 7-10 toys I gave her. This is the first night we have been without her since Halloween. It makes me realize just how attached we have become to her. She is coming back home with me tomorrow for a few more weeks, then comes the major heartbreak when she goes up for adoption.
Zelda is doing great! The kittens are gaining every day. The smallest one is now 4.5oz and the largest is 6.5! That is nearly double their weights! Mom is taking good care of them and eating a ton. She seems to be sneezing less but its hard to tell because I have not been able to spend much time with her the last two days. I saw one of the kittens yawn today and almost died. SO CUTE.
More pics and updates to come. Right now they are just tiny food processing machines. Eat, sleep, poop. They will be starting new and exciting things in the next week. And I will be continually doing my best to keep them as healthy as can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me something nice...